This post introduces UPPTIME this Github project which is an open source site monitoring tool completely based on Github.
Upptime is the open-source uptime monitor and status page, powered entirely by GitHub Actions, Issues, and Pages, which has been used by 1,000+ people and teams to ensure they know when their endpoints go down.
1. Free and Open Sources. No need to have your own server or program experience.
2. Github account. Fully powered by Github Actions, Issues, and Pages
3. 5 Minutes interval to monitor websites or hosts
4. Every 6 hours, response time commited to git to save for page view.
5. Github pages to show data using API to fetch repository history data. Support PWA.
6. Support api, tcp, ping monitoring as well.
7. Notify users of downtime with GitHub
1 Create a repository from the template
2 Publishing Page
By default, it has been published automatically with right source and folder settings.
Only thing you might want to add is a custom domain name,
Custom domain name will require a cname record added into your domain registrar.
3 add repository secrets
- Click on your profile picture on the top-right corner and select "Settings"
- In the left sidebar, select "Developer settings"
- In the left sidebar, click "Personal access tokens"
- Click "Generate new token"
- Select the "repo" and "workflow" scopes
- Click "Generate token"
4 Add secret into your repository settings
- After generating your token, copy it (you will not see it again). Then, add it as a repository secret:
- In your Upptime repository, select "Settings"
- In the left sidebar, click "Secrets"
- Press the button "New repository secret"
- Enter the name of the secret as
- Paste your personal access token into the Value field
- Be sure there are no spaces before or after the token and/or linebreaks after your token
- Save your PAT by selecting "Add secret"
5 Update configuration
# Change these first
owner: 51sec # Your GitHub organization or username, where this repository lives
repo: up # The name of this repository
- name: Blog
- name: WWW
- name: ITPROSEC
- name: Sites
- name: Navigation
- name: OneDrive
- name: NetSec YouTube Channel
- name: Google DNS 188.8.131.52
# Add your custom domain name, or remove the `cname` line if you don't have a domain
# Uncomment the `baseUrl` line if you don't have a custom domain and add your repo name there
# baseUrl: /your-repo-name
introTitle: "**UP** monitors 51Sec Websites and servers!"
introMessage: The monitoring **real-time** data from our [GitHub repository](https://github.com/51sec/up).
# Available themes are light, dark, night or ocean.
- title: Status Page
- title: GitHub
- title: 51Sec
# Upptime also supports notifications, assigning issues, and more
# See https://upptime.js.org/docs/configuration
footer: This page is [created]($REPO) @2022-07-01 by [51Sec](www.51sec.org), powered by [Upptime](https://upptime.js.org)
- Freshping - https://youtu.be/dtKEgwAVzKk
- UptimeRobot - https://youtu.be/Fk5Y3WMqWB0