双语精选:人生确实始于40岁
Life Really Begins at 40
This article is for those in the last phase who've lost their zest for life, who can't find joy in reading or nature walks.
本文章适合处于最后阶段的人-那些失去生活热情,无法从阅读或自然散步中找到快乐的人。

Have you ever heard the saying: "Life really begins at 40"?
你有没有听过这样一句话:“40岁才是人生的开始”?
This isn' t just a motivational quote-it's a profound insight from Swiss psychologist Carl Jung.
这并非鸡汤,而是瑞士心理学家卡尔•荣格(Carl Jung)的深刻洞见。
Jung believed that the first 40 years of life are merely "research"-we explore the world, adapt to society, and craft an external persona, but true self-awareness often emerges after 40.
荣格认为,人生的前40年只是一场“调研”,我们探索世界、适应社会、塑造外在形象,但真正的自我觉醒往往在40岁之后才发生。
40 isn't the end-it's a brand-new beginning.
40岁不是终点,而是一个全新的起点。
1. Before 40: Living for Others' Expectations
1. 40岁前:活在别人的期待里
In our youth, we're often bound by societal standards:
在年轻时,我们常常被社会标准束缚:
• Get into a good university, find a stable job, get married, have kids...
• 考好大学、找稳定工作、结婚生子⋯⋯
• Chase material success, striving to fit the "successful person" image.
• 追求物质成功,努力符合“成功人士”的人设。
But around 40, many people suddenly realize: " I' ve been playing a role for others, but forgot who really am. "
但到了40岁左右,许多人会突然意识到:“我一直在演别人,却忘了自己是谁。”
Jung called this awakening "Individuation" —we start integrating our light and shadow, no longer living for external validation.
荣格将这种觉醒称为“个性化” (Individuation),我们开始整合自己的光明与阴影,不再为外界评价而活。
2. After 40: Living as Your True Self
2. 40岁后:活出真正的自己
After 40, life' s priorities shift:
40岁后,人生的优先级悄然改变:
• No longer chasing society' s approval, but seeking inner fulfillment.
• 不再盲目追求社会认可,而是寻找内在满足。
• No longer fearing rejection, learning to set boundaries and protect your energy.
• 不再害怕拒绝,学会设立边界,保护自己的能量。
• No longer running from your shadow, but embracing imperfections to live more freely.
• 不再逃避阴影,而是接纳自己的不完美,活得更自由。
The first half of life belongs to others; the second half belongs to yourself.
人生的前半段属于别人,后半段属于自己。
3. How to Embrace Your "Second Life" at 40?
3. 如何迎接“40岁新生”?
• Redefine Success
• 重新定义成功
Stop measuring yourself by money or status-instead ask: "What truly brings me joy?"
不再用金钱、地位衡量自己,而是问:“什么让我真正快乐?”
• Cultivate Deep Interests
• 培养深度兴趣
Pursue what you never had time for:
年轻时没时间做的事,现在可以尽情尝试:
Learn an instrument, write a book, travel the world.
学一门乐器、写一本书、环球旅行⋯⋯
• Simplify Your Social Circle
• 精简社交圈
Distance yourself from energy drainers, surround yourself with inspiring people.
远离消耗你的人,靠近能激发你成长的人。
• Embrace Imperfection
• 接受“不完美”
After 40, you don' t need a "perfect image"— just authenticity.
40岁后,你不再需要“完美人设”,只需真实。
4. Inspiring Stories of Life After 40
4. 40岁后的精彩人生案例
- Yu Minhong: After New Oriental' s policy challenges, he pivoted to live-streaming e-commerce in his 40s and rebuilt success.
- 俞敏洪:新东方遭遇政策调整后,40+的他转型直播电商,再创事业高峰。
- JK Rowling: Started writing Harry Potter at 32, became a global literary icon after 40.
- JK•罗琳:32岁开始写《哈利波特》,40岁后成为全球顶级作家。
- Julia Child: Began learning cooking at 37, became a culinary legend after 50.
- 茱莉亚·查尔德:37岁才开始学烹饪,50岁后成为传奇美食家。
They prove: The second half of life can outshine the first.
这些人都证明:人生下半场,可以比上半场更精彩。
Final Thought
最后的话
40 isn't a crisis-it's an awakening.
40岁不是危机,而是觉醒。
If you're approaching or past 40, remember:
如果你正接近或已过40岁,请记住:
Your life's script is finally yours to write.
你的人生剧本,现在才真正由你书写。
The best is yet to come- it starts at 40
最好的尚未到来,它始于你的40岁。
2025年7月20日于经典龙苑
共有 0 条评论